Sunday, April 15, 2007

Back on Track

So I think I am almost back on track following last week's overtraining (or perhaps it was overdrinking!)

After skipping my long Sunday, I skipped again Monday.
I ran an easy 5 on Tuesday, which felt OK.
Wednesday was a 7 mile tempo run with 3m at a 7:21 pace - this also felt pretty good.
Another easy 7 miler on Thursday.
Decided to skip Friday (family still town so needed to drink even more beer....).
Saturday was 6 miles at just under 8:00 pace, with a couple of low 7's in there for fun - this felt really good - best workout in a while.
Today was a long of 11, with 3.5 miles early on at 7:30 pace - all on an empty stomach, with only 1 water stop at 5 miles. That was tough. Feel a little tired now but much better than last week.

For some reason I'm not particularly confident about next Sunday's race, even though I have been training harder for this one. I'm trying to beat my PR by 1 minute 23 seconds (which is only 7 seconds/mile) but I've been off pace in most of my tempo runs and just feeling a little sluggish.

Hopefully a 5-6 mile tuneup run (at 7:10 race pace) on Wednesday will settle things down and leave me a little more confident that I can run Santa Cruz in under 1:34. At a minimum I need to beat 1:35:22!

No comments: