Monday, June 23, 2008

Weekly Update

Finished the week with a good long run yesterday. It was a little cooler (only high 70s at the end) as I got out reasonably early about 7:30 yesterday morning.

Ran 18.7 at an average of 7:37 over a pretty hilly course. Went easy the first 5 and then picked it up for the next 10. Ran the last 2 miles at 6:55 pace. It all felt very good and it was great to be running fast without feeling like the heat was going to kill me.

Weekly total was 71 miles - and those two hot races really hurt.

This week is my final "marathon recovery" week and should be about 70-75 miles also. I will be in Sonoma/Healdsburg thru Wednesday so I'll be running in a new location.
Mo - 7 ez
Tu - 3m tempo, 7 overall
We - 7 ez w 10xstrides
Th - 10 med long, maybe run 5ez too in the PM
Fr - 5x1200 speedwork, 5ez PM
Sa - 7-10 ez
Su - 20 long

Next week is the start of 23 weeks training for California International. The first cycle is 3 weeks in the mid 80's.

No comments: