Thursday, October 25, 2007

Cor Blimey, he's going to London!

Managed to fake out both my physio and my doctor enough that I got the official OK to run London! Doc was very happy with the progress and said I should be fine to run. Need to keep going with the calf exercises (eventually building up to about 60lbs), general leg strengthening, stretching and icing. Keep on building the miles gradually (just add 1 mile to the long run per week), don't rush to add hills or speedwork and ease off if things feel like they are getting strained. I don't need to continue with physio since I'm now doing all the exercises at home anyway.

So now I get to build out the full running schedule. First steps back will be a 10k on November 11th. I'm not planning on running all out but will be using it to get some assessment of my current fitness level under race conditions.

Then there is the CIM relay early December. That is 6 weeeks out and I need to extend my long mileage from 7 miles. So that won't be a fast 13 miles, since that will be about my max range at that stage. But I'm comfortable that I can run that at a non-embarassing pace.

Then there is London in April. Assuming I can still get a place I will be booking up race, hotel and flights today.

Looks like I'm back!

No comments: