Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Wednesday Willpower

Got up early today around 5 and did a couple hours work, then went for a run just after 7. It was relatively chilly out (about 50), and was the first time I've felt cold starting to run for ages so I set off pretty quickly. After a quarter mile I noticed I was running faster than I have been (about 7:40). However, it felt easy and my ankles/knees and other various failing body parts all felt great so I kept going at that effort. Ended up running 4 miles at 7:34, with a few stretches as quick as 7:15. Heartrate stayed low, average was only 151. This was my fastest run since May.

Now I know I said just yesterday that I was going to keep it slow all the way thru October, but it really didn't feel fast and my ankle felt perfect the whole run. I think I am going to allow myself to do this type of run on Wednesdays, which is going to be my tempo workout day once I get back to real training.

No comments: