Sunday, October 28, 2007

Up to 9 miles

Just ran a very solid 9 miler and it felt great.

Eased into things the first 1/2 mile (8:15 pace) and then ran the next 3 at a steady 7:30-7:40 pace. Then the route went uphill with a climb of 200' over the next 2 miles so I slowed it down to 8:30 pace. The last 1/2 mile climbing I sped up to 7:40 and then kept the effort up as I started going down the other side. Flew down the hill at under 6 minute pace. Eased up as things flattened out down to low 7's. Then jogged the 2 1/2 miles home in the 7:30s. Overall 9.04 miles at 7:44 pace.

It felt so good to push that final climb and then fly down that hill. When things are clicking there really is no feeling quite like running flat out.

That brought the week to a close at about 30 miles, which was good for my step back week (I'm taking things a little easy every 4-5 weeks). Next week I build up again, with a long on Sunday over 10 miles and a total around 39 miles for the week.

No comments: