Sunday, October 21, 2007

One More Solid Week

Finished the week with a 7 miler this morning. Did the first flat 2.5 miles around 7:30-7:40 and then the next hilly 4.5 miles at 8:20 ish. Overall 8:02 pace - Felt good, but it's definitely near the limit of what I should be running right now. With a 5 on Friday and about 6 yesterday that made the weekly total just over 34 miles. I've built the miles up steadily from less than 10 back in the middle of September. A little easier next week and then 4 weeks of building up into the low 40's.

Here's the progress/plan.....













If all goes well I'll be back to my pre-injury training levels by mid December, which should be good enough for an April marathon. I'm going to be a little undertrained for the half marathon on December 2nd, but that's OK since the goal of that is to just get an accurate assessment of my fitness level and check that everything is still working properly under race conditions.

Doctor this Thursday - Let's hope he doesn't have any different ideas about my plans!

No comments: