Sunday, October 14, 2007

30+ Mile Week

Did a 7 miler today. Last time I ran more than 6 was on September 10th, when I was a little too enthusiastic coming back. I took the next 5 days off with achilles pain. I'm thinking that this time it is different. I've run the last 10 days, and 21 of the last 23.

32.4 for the week (biggest week since May) runs around 3,4,5,4,4,4,7. Next week should be a little higher at 34 miles, still trying to keep things easy except for Wednesday and Friday where I will go a little quicker (7:30ish vs 8ish). Will do a 7 miler as a long run again next week.

Week of 10/22 the plan is to go 5 miles everyday, with a long of 8 on Sunday, getting back up into the high 30's mileage wise. Thursday of that week is a trip back to the doctor.

Assuming it's all good news I'll roll into November just breaking into the 40's. Three solid weeks in the low 40's should get me ready to start training for London. I'll have 21 weeks if I start on November 19th. I'm liking the 7 days/week, I may keep that during the marathon training instead of skipping Mondays.

I definitely have my fingers crossed.

No comments: