Wednesday, October 17, 2007

That's Gonna Cost Me...

After a couple of very easy days (3 Monday, 4 Tuesday) I was feeling nice and relaxed this morning. Didn't appear to be any lingering effects from running 7 on Sunday.

Set off on a 5 miler at a comfortable 8:20, then just gradually picked things up. Ran out over Foothill into the hills and felt very comfortable running about 7:45. Crested a small hill at 2 miles and kept the effort up on the other side. Had a solid mile or so, running around 7:30.

Then about 1.5 miles from home picked things up again. Did a 7:15 pace half mile, then a 7:00 and then a 6:30. Overall 5 miles at 7:37 pace with a solid progression from 8:20 down to 6:30 (final pace was just under 6:00). Fitness wise it was great and I really enjoyed the workout, I'm definitely feeling much stronger than I was a month ago.

Injury wise I'm not so sure - that was a little faster, OK a lot faster, than I had planned. I'll do a bunch of icing/stretching today and see what this does.

Off to see the physio tonight - I'm sure he'll tell me I'm an idiot.

No comments: