Friday, October 5, 2007

Faster Than Planned (yes, again)

Got home late, only had 23 minutes to run before Liz had to go out. Decided to run to the track (1/2 mile), 8 laps (2 miles) and run back - 3 miles total and only 23 minutes, so under 8 minute pace.

Easy up to the track at 8:11. Then ran 2 laps at 7:26, then 2 at 7:11, then 2 at 6:56 and then 2 at 6:59. 2 miles on the track in 14:16! AT 7:08 pace that's just under my old half marathon pace. An easy 1/2 mile home and I was there in 22 something for a total of 2.98 miles at 7:25 pace.

Now, that's the second run in a row where I have gone faster than my "run slow all October" goal. Eventually my training schedule will be tempos on Wednesday, speed/pace runs on Friday, long runs on Sunday, and easy every other day - so at least I'm on that plan. But for now I am going to have to try to keep things under control a little more or I'll end up reinjuring myself.

However, it felt great today and I don't think I've done any damage.

No comments: