Friday, October 26, 2007

Cruel Timing

It's a little ironic that the US agent for the Lonodn marathon sold out of places the same week that I got the OK from my doc to run the race. Not being able to get an entry to the race kinda puts the dampers on my plans to run.......

I'm 7th on the waitlist, and have no idea if that is gonna work or not so I am now looking for creative (yet still mostly legal) ways to get entry. So far, my attempts at being Irish and entering thru the official Irish travel agency are unsuccessful. They will let me know if they have any spaces left in December. I think I'm gonna go ahead and sort out flights, make refundable hotel reservation and hope for the best! worse case is that I'll need to bandit the race with a photocopied race number. I suspect that I will be able to buy an entry from someone who is injured or just opportunistically looking to make a quick buck.

Of course, this could be a sign that I'm not really recovered and I should be taking it easy. Or it could be a sign that I'm an idiot and should have booked a place 3 months ago.

No comments: